A good wedding band hire agency should not only be good musicians but good entertainers. They should help create an atmosphere of fun and happiness. A wedding party is ultimately a celebration of love and it is essentially part of the wedding band’s job to help make your wedding party a success. There is a difference between a good wedding band and a good band, but how do you tell the difference before hiring a band for your big day?
1. Recommendations: Always ask for references but a better way to tell if a band is good at weddings is to ask your friends and family which bands they used and if they would hire them again. You should look for a band who come highly recommended from a number of people. Never hire a band who a friend says aren’t very good, it is your friends and family who will be enjoying the party, their opinions matter. It is your important day you shouldn’t risk a bad band ruining the party.
2. Experience matters: An experienced band is better. Things often go wrong at weddings; you want a band that can go with the flow, change things up to suit the flow of the party. This kind of skill usually comes with experience and a couple of disasters under your belt. You don’t want your party to be one of those disasters where a new band works out their kinks!
3. Audience interaction: Go and see the band play another show. Do you like the way the talk to the crowd. Do they get people dancing? Do they involve people in the performance? A wedding is about your friends and family all coming together; you want them to feel a part of the party. A good wedding band should be fun, chatty and involved. If the band don’t interact then you may have well hired a jukebox for the evening.
4. Enthusiasm for a wide range of music: Weddings bands usually play a wide range of music, sometimes the musicians may not like ALL of the songs they play but you want them to be enthusiastic. Talk to them about the different styles they will perform. Discuss with them the music the music you have in mind. Ensure they know a broad range of daggy classics to get people in the mood, new hits, a few love songs and some of your favourites.
5. Willingness to discuss your needs: a good wedding band will be willing to take the time to listen to want you want at your party. The discussion shouldn’t only be about what they do but what you need from them. You should be about to easy negotiate on any of your special need and they should be willing to do something different to help you make your party special. If your requests are met with an outright no, then maybe its best to move onto the next group.
Searching for the perfect band for a wedding or do you just want some help with the music visit Apollo Live’s website